Automatic placing of marker(s) on a chart if there are (or have been?) trades.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by p45cal, Apr 20, 2016.

This is the TIMETOTRADE forum. Use the TIMETOTRADE Trigger Trading Technology™ to execute your trades when your Price, Candlestick, Trend Line and Technical Analysis chart conditions are met - no coding required. Trade directly in the world’s global markets. Backtest your Trading Strategies. Calculate your UK HMRC Capital Gains Tax liabilities. Manage your Investment Club. Create a FREE account today.

1. p45cal

p45cal New Member

Maybe this already exists somewhere but I was looking for an automatic way of marking on charts the times and prices of trades in an account/portfolio. I'm a member of an investment club (although this applies to individuals too) and I'd like to see, while we're reviewing our positions, marks on the chart (perhaps an up-arrow for going long and down-arrow for selling/going short). This would make it dead easy, in club meetings when the chart is projected onto a screen, for all members to see at a glance what's going on with their positions.

That's all.

I would envisage perhaps an option to show open positions as a line to the current price from such a marker (I realise this could get VERY complicated wiith partial closing of an open position!)

Apply for a trading account today and get the superb Trigger Trading™, Taxation and Investment Club Pro Package for FREE. Get your trading advantage.
  2. Dary

Dary Dary McGovern Staff Member

Hi

These feature exists for trades executed through timetotrade. To test it, execute a simulated trade and it should display on the chart along with a line from that position illustrating if you are in profit or loss (can click on the position in Position Analysis to view the profit on the chart):

upload_2016-4-20_12-54-22.png

This feature can be enabled or disabled using the trade setting on the top right as illustrated in the screen shot. It works across all asset classes, including shares.

When we launch the live trading solution, or email support@timetotrade.eu to request to join the closed test group, you will have this functionality for trades executed via timetotrade.

Apply for a trading account today and get the superb Trigger Trading™, Taxation and Investment Club Pro Package for FREE. Get your trading advantage.
  3. p45cal

p45cal New Member

Ah, right, so I'd like to request a feature: that this be made available to non-timetotrade executed trades, and/or trades showing in a portfolio.